This project is read-only.

Problems Deploying with SCCM 2012 R2

Topics: Archive - General
Feb 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM
Hello!

First let me start by saying this tool kit is amazing! My company is going through a merger and I was able to leverage this as a unification point for both engineering departments. That being said I'm running into a problem and I can't seem to get it to go.

Whenever I make an APP or a PACKAKGE in SCCM 2012 R2, I'm unable to get the Toolkit to execute as intended. For the majority of the usage, I want things to execute silently, as most of our installs are supposed to happen invisible to the user.

I keep seeing this happen in the Logs, and I'm not sure where else to look to further troubleshoot;

http://pastebin.com/J9j9it4y

I never see it actually append any information to the log after the line;
<![LOG[[Initialization] :: Script [C:\Windows\ccmcache\u7\AppDeployToolkit\AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1] dot-source invoked by [C:\Windows\ccmcache\u7\Deploy-Application.ps1]]LOG]!><time="00:10:02.212-420" date="02-28-2015" component="PSAppDeployToolkit" context="" type="1" thread="1" file="">

Additionally, I'm seeing a LOG file in the same directory as my log folder called <user>Success with the only content in the log being the user name.

Am I doing something wrong to see this behavior? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Colin
Mar 2, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Would you give more détails:
  1. SCCM version
  2. Package config
  3. How are you launching the package?
  4. Did you get a look to your log path in the xml? What is the log path?
Mar 2, 2015 at 4:24 PM
Thanks for getting back to me Siocnarf; I've answered your questions below;
  1. SCCM Version: 2012 R2
  2. Package Config: I've tried using both an application and a package in SCCM following the instructions. The only time I've gotten it to display anything was with a package using prompts with deferred. However, that package didn't work across all machines and of the 3 I tested on, only 1 showed the prompt.
  3. How are you launching the package: I deployed the software to the SCCM APP Catalog as available, as well as required to a test collection, either way I was unable to get it to consistently work.
  4. Did you get a look to your log path in the xml? What is the log path: I changed the default log directory to c:\Logs.
Please let me know if you'd like me to post more detailed information on any of the sections.
Mar 2, 2015 at 5:37 PM
Which commandline are you using?

Did you tried just a small test? A little PS1 with only loading PSADTK and testing write-log?
Mar 2, 2015 at 9:47 PM
For a sample application I tried the following;

Package: NICE
Program: PSADT TEST
Command Line: Deploy-Application.exe
Run: Normal
Environment: Whether or not a user is logged on.
Run Mode: Run with administrative rights.
Allow user to interact with this program: Checked
When this program is assigned to a computer: Run once for the computer
Suppress program notifications: Checked

Package: NICE
Program: PSADT Test Silent
Command Line: Deploy-Application.exe -DeployMode Silent
Run: Normal
Environment: Whether or not a user is logged on.
Run Mode: Run with Administrative rights
Allow users to interact with this program: Checked
When this program is assigned to a computer: Run once for the computer
Suppress program notifications: Checked
Mar 2, 2015 at 11:45 PM
And what are the result? When not adding the Interactive parameter?
Did you tried only when loading PSADT and running Write-log ....? This would eliminate many questions...