Deferral timeout default - error 1618

Topics: Archive - General
Feb 12, 2015 at 11:06 AM
Hi,

In the AppDeployToolkitConfig.xml the InstallationUI_Timeout is default 6900 (1 hour 55mins), when timed out the script will return a 1618 error code (fast retry) and will continually re-run until prompted in the GUI.

_<InstallationUI_Timeout>6900</InstallationUI_Timeout>
    <!-- Time in seconds to automatically timeout installation dialogs. Default is 1 hour and 55 minutes so that dialogs timeout before SCCM times out. -->_
_Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps "App1," -BlockExecution -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 10 -CheckDiskSpace -PersistPrompt _

My issue is if a user is away from there desk for multiple hours, say 3-4 hours... at this time the toolkit would have timed out twice and therefore losing 2 deferrals. We are using SCCM2012 application-based method and the application deployment cycle is set to once everyday.

We would like to remain 1 prompt per day and the Powershell GUI not to timeout or could we extend the timeout interval. Or would removing the 1618 error code from the SCCM application work?

Has anyone had this issue before? Please help!

Regards,
Craig
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Hi, you can't extend timeout interval without the script crashing out as SCCM times out by default after 2 hours. You could try using the DeferDays parameter.
Feb 12, 2015 at 12:19 PM
What if I can increase the deferal timeout in the xml and the maximum allowed run time in the SCCM application?

Regards,
Craig
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:00 PM
I believe it's possible with programs but not applications.
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:07 PM
So even if you configure the application deployment type user experience "Maximum allowed run time (minutes)" higher than the default 120 minutes it will always timeout after 2 hours?
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:18 PM
If there's a setting to configure it I'm sure it'll work - think you've answered your own question :-)
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Well it looks like I did!

Just to confirm.... I will need to specify exactly the same time in the powershell xml from 1hr 55min to whatever we set?

I'll let you know the outcome so you guys know for future reference!

Regards,
Craig
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Suggest 5 mins less in XML than SCCM.
Feb 12, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Thanks - Will do!

Regards,
Craig