Question about Defer behaviour

Topics: Archive - General
Dec 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Edited Dec 12, 2014 at 2:10 PM
A quick question about defer behavior. When a client uses the defer, the sccm client says the application has been installed. Is this normal? Defer is working correctly in my environment, it is just sccm confuses the customer with the message on defer.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have only set the advert to "As soon as possible". I am not setting a scheduled deadline. I haven't had the opportunity to send an update that needs a deadline yet.

PS
I would like to thank the dev team for this project. This is the best thing I have used in sccm. I really like the flexibility with different packages. I hope MS is paying attention. 
Developer
Dec 13, 2014 at 10:07 AM
No, when a client selects defer, the toolkit should exit with exit code 5000. There is a bug with PowerShell 2.0 where the correct exit code is not returned if you launch powershell.exe with the -File parameter. The latest beta code under the 'Source Code' tab of this site has resolved this issue by using the -Command parameter when launching powershell.exe so that we can pass the correct exit code back when powershell.exe exits. Please test with the latest beta to resolve this issue.
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Hi

I have this same problem with version 3.5.0. I've downloaded the 4.0.0 versions of the Deploy-Application.ps1 and the AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1 and tried the installation with those. Now it does nothing at all when deployed via SCCM 2012. Not even the script log file. Well actually it does one thing, since there is a "Configuration Manager restarts computer" in the SCCM program, it just requires the restart, but nothing gets installed. In the SCCM Deployment Status it's shown as In Progress - Program completed successfully (reboot pending).

My command line of the SCCM program is Deploy-Application.EXE -AllowRebootPassThru.

Am I missing something here?
Developer
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:59 PM
You also need the 4.0 version of Deploy-Application.exe.
Dec 15, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I grabbed the 4.0 toolkit this morning. The client is now getting the retry under the status now. Thank you
Dec 16, 2014 at 7:22 AM
mmashwani wrote:
You also need the 4.0 version of Deploy-Application.exe.
Ah, stupid me. I downloaded all the files now. But I still have that problem, that nothing happens. When I test the same deployment with 3.1.5 version, I've no problems. So I stick to that for the time being.