Moving packages/applications from environment to another one

Topics: Archive - General
Nov 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Hi,

As the AppDeployment toolkit is fully compatible with SCCM 2012 R2, why not adding a script to import/export a package?

When we are packaging, we have to test the packages and then loading it in sccm to be sure everything is correct. After that, we would need to export it, moving it and then import it in production.

It would help greatly.

Thanks,

François
Dec 31, 2014 at 2:37 PM
This wouldn't be under the deployment toolkit. This is more of an SCCM issue.
There are plenty of scripts out there for moving packages to different sccm environment.
Dec 31, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Hi,

I respect your opinion and believe this toolkit is really great.

However, is it really so much different than using exit code for SCCM fast retry or using serviceui to help user interaction or showing in your documentation how implementing a package or an application? Not sure.

As a packager my job was to create the package move it in an SCCM to define the correct configuration and then exporting it (SMS 2.0). Then I would never want a SMS (or SCCM) admin fully recreate the package configuration as there is too much configuration and error possibility. I believe creating the package is part of the packager job during the package creation but after that, the packager must give to the SCCM admin something error free, something easy to enter into SCCM with less error margin.

I got a look to SCCM scripts and I found not very much scripts about that. Am I wrong? Did I look to wrong places? May be. If you might show me some, I would be happy to get a look.

Again, great job.