This project is read-only.

How To - Converting Commands

Topics: Archive - Deployment Scripts
Nov 24, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Edited Nov 24, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Hey All,
Hoping to find someone with some experience using PSAppDeploy Toolkit. i am trying to deploy a program out using some specific switches and no matter what i try it just errors out. would anyone be able to assist me in converting this to the powershell command for use in the Appdeploy toolkit? using standard MSI Exec:

msiexec /qb /L*v "c:\imagenow.log" /i "ClientSetup.msi" INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\ImageNow" ADDLOCAL=ImageNowClient,Pixtran,Accusoft,SystemFiles,LeadTools,OneDirectory,ImageNowPrinter IN_PROFILENAME=DefaultProfile IN_SERVER_NAME=imagenow.server.com IN_PORT_NO=6000 STARTMENUICON=Yes DESKTOPICON=Yes QUICKLAUNCHICON=Yes REMOVEOLDVERSIONS=Yes

Also this is a 32 bit application, should i be using %ProgramFiles%\ImageNow?

Error Below:

'ContinueOnError'. Cannot convert value "System.String" to type "System.Boolean". Boolean parameters accept only Boolean values and numbers, such as $True, $False, 1 or 0. (at <ScriptBlock>, C:\Users\jaskel\Desktop\ImageNow - PSApp Deploy\Deploy-Application.ps1: line 96)
Nov 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM
You haven't provided too much information. The function you need is Execute-MSI in the toolkit. Use this function to install your MSI. The function parameters are well documented so that you know what information to specify for each parameter. If you are having problems with the parameters, then show us what you are specifying for each parameter and then we can try and help.
Nov 25, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Thanks for the reply, I have already sorted this out and fixed the issues. there was a couple items that needed changed and the parameters needed to be closed. I did go through all the documentation but it did not really go through what I was having issues with.

essentially I was looking for input on what I was missing in the above Execute-MSI command. running the command with msiexec.exe worked without issues but the execute-msi would not work. below is a snip of the final command that worked...

Execute-MSI -Action Install -Path "ClientSetup.msi" -parameters "/qn ADDLOCAL=ImageNowClient,Pixtran,Accusoft,SystemFiles,LeadTools,OneDirectory,ImageNowPrinter IN_PROFILENAME=DefaultProfile IN_SERVER_NAME=image.server.ca IN_PORT_NO=6000 STARTMENUICON=Yes DESKTOPICON=Yes QUICKLAUNCHICON=Yes REMOVEOLDVERSIONS=Yes"

Again thanks for the reply back, much appreciated.