Help! Execute-Process passing arguments to an MSI with a Transform

Topics: Archive - Deployment Scripts
Sep 17, 2014 at 3:15 PM
I simply cannot get a Transform to include into this line without throwing a 1639 or 1203 error. I can get it working fine if I remove the "-Transform $dirFiles\WorkingP\Filename.mst" section and it installs the EXE and MSI. But I cannot include the Transform... Any idea why? What am I doing wrong?

Execute-Process -FilePath "$dirFiles\WorkingP\setup.exe" -Arguments "/S /v" /qb -Transform $dirFiles\WorkingP\Filename.mst /norestart"" -Wait
Sep 17, 2014 at 7:33 PM
I got this figured out using the below script actually. This might be good to have in the help section.
Execute-Process -FilePath "$dirFiles\WorkingP\setup.exe" -Arguments "/S /v" /QB TRANSFORMS=filename.mst /norestart"" -Wait
Marked as answer by foldzan1 on 9/17/2014 at 11:33 AM
Sep 17, 2014 at 11:54 PM
It looks like you just mixed up your switches with the ones available for Execute-MSI. Probably not something that needs to go in the Help, though, as you don't normally transform .exe setups and it isn't always an option. Personally, I prefer to extract the MSI from setups like the one you have and then just work with that--especially if I'm transforming it.
Sep 19, 2014 at 5:01 PM
It wasn't the switches because I tried both actually. what it was is I was trying to enter the full path to the transform when it just needed the transform itself. I see your point about not using a transform with an exe though.