This project is read-only.

Toolkit User Interface - Web UI

Topics: Archive - General
Sep 5, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Edited Sep 5, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if the Toolkit could support some kind of Web frontend instead of interacting with the users on the screen with a Windows UI (maybe something to interact through a Web page).

My idea is to make this tool available to some dedicated users through our Build server (our Build server is responsible for all deployments (we "PUSH" the packages to the Servers): so the "Web" UI could be used to call the Toolkit and follow all the Deployments remotely).

Could be a parameter:
   -DeployMode="Web"
If it could be done without impacting the main Toolkit project it would be very flexible and secure too.

Thanks.
Sep 8, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Are you asking for a Web-based menu running on a "Build server"
This made Web-based menu would "some dedicated users" the ability to trigger the installation of packages to other machines?

Is this right?
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2014 at 9:36 PM
Interested in understanding the use case better. You want to be able to control installations when there is user interaction remotely via a web front end? Curious what scenarios would require that and whether there are alternative workarounds as I can't see us prioritising a feature like that in the next few releases.
Sep 12, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2014 at 3:24 PM
In reply to "That_annoying_guy":

Yes exactly.

Although, of course, i could trigger a remote call to the Toolkit (on the destination server) with no user interaction (through a WebDeploy: as a remote command).

But i was just asking if i was out of scope for this project.

Or maybe i was going against the main design of the Toolkit.

Thanks
Developer
Oct 2, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Edited Oct 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Check this project out. I think this might be able to do what you want: https://webpsconsole.codeplex.com/

For a commercial product with more features, check out: PowerGUI Pro MobileShell
Developer
Oct 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Browsing projects on CodePlex. Here is another projects that seems like it can do what you want: https://psadmin.codeplex.com/