This project is read-only.

Block Execution prompt during deployment

Topics: Archive - Deployment Scripts
Sep 4, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Is there anyway to suppress the block execution prompt when running the toolkit as interactive mode (has to run as interactive, not silent)?

The reason I ask is during the deployment, the msi seems to be calling a blocked .exe therefore prompting the user.

Block Application Execution

If the block execution option is enabled (see Show-InstallationWelcome function), the user will be prompted that they cannot launch the specified application(s) while the installation is in progress. The application will be unblocked again once the installation has completed.

Thanks
Sep 4, 2014 at 5:17 PM
So you have this .exe selected as one of the applications in your -CloseApp switch? And it needs to execute as part of the installation?
Sep 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Yes - I think the msi must be calling the program executable somewhere in the installation.
Sep 5, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Let me see if I'm following: you want to still have the prompt that forces the user to close the application, but you don't want the application that's being closed to be blocked, right?

Couldn't you just not use the -BlockExecution switch on Show-InstallationWelcome? Lemme know if I'm not getting it. Or maybe you could post your code?
Sep 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Hi,

I want the -blockexecution to run to block programs I have specified in the script, I don't want the blocked execution prompt "The application will be unblocked again once the installation has completed." during the deployment.

Hope this make sense?

Thanks
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM
If the installation wants to execute one of the blocked apps it sounds like you don't want to block that particular app but just close it. In that case could you just kill that process after you prompt the user to close apps?
Apr 2, 2015 at 12:14 AM
What solution did you end up using? I am having this issue with javaw.exe during a Java installation.