Customizing Script for Every One Hour

Topics: Archive - Deployment Scripts, Archive - General, Archive - Toolkit Extensions
Jul 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Hi ,

Can we deploy the application using Defer times and Defer Deadline and making to Run Notification Prompt for every 1 hr.
We need to provide notification for user for every 1 hr to remain about Installation.
I can run the application only with Defer Time and Defer deadline. but the prompt doesn't appear for every one hour. Please let me know if i'm missing any thing.

I did notice persistent prompt and Defer Deadline cannot run together. Any ideas or Advise.
Developer
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:18 PM
You should probably post your question in the "General" forum thread. This is where people share and discuss new functions they want to share with the community.
Aug 1, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Thanks. I thought some one would look in it. Its been initially posted under general Discussion.
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Edited Aug 1, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Hi,

What you are looking to do needs to be figured in SCCM rather than the toolkit.

The toolkit documentation explains how you can set the frequency between retries for both packages and applications.

Cheers,
Sean
Aug 1, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Hi Sean,,
Thanks for reply. SCCM Machine policy evaluation is not working as expected. There are few users who get the policy updated and for few users policy is not getting update. And we are kind of stuck with this issue.
We don't want to deploy using Package Model.Even deploying using package Model doesn't have control, to trigger mandatory assignment if the user is off the network.

So i'm thinking to see if we can get this done with in our Script.

Thanks
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM
The SCCM Application model times out an installation after 2 hours so you can't get this done within the script and even if you could control it you might cause issues by holding up other installations and updates that need to run.