Show-InstallationWelcome Guidance

Topics: Archive - General
Jul 30, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

I figured I would post on these forums to gather others input/suggestions for a current deployment project I have been tasked with, deploying an updated Citrix Receiver. Thanks to this toolkit and others similar post, I have been able to script out the necessary logic to complete that task.

However, prior to deploying this to our Production environment I need to address the following items -

I would like to know, is it possible, while using the Show-InstallationWelcome -Closeapps function to only display the Close Programs and Defer options?

Reason being, while using the syntax below
Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps "concentr,pnamain,receiver,wfcrun32,wfica32" -AllowDefer -DeferTimes 10
Users are getting prompted to end processes that they unfortunately dont have any access/rights to do so. The toolkit is doing its job as expected but to avoid confusion for the users, I would like to remove the Continue option altogether if possible. Or perhaps I need to script things out differently?

Ultimately for this particular deployment I MUST notify the customer about the Receiver installation, if they decide to proceed I must close out those processes defined and alternatively give them the capability to defer the install. Another post I found for the Citrix Receiver, they were fortunate enough to be able to use the /Silent switch. Citrix Receiver upgrade

I realize I could simply just ask the users to click on Close programs and be done with it but figured it would not hurt to ask.... Any input/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Jul 31, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Please disregard -

I got things sorted out, thank you for creating such a powerful and versatile toolkit! It has really allowed me to strengthen my PowerShell skills and ultimately accomplish task that I otherwise believed were nearly impossible!

Great job guys and is there a way I can donate to this site?
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Hi,

Glad you discovered the toolkit and managed to get your problem sorted.

Cheers,
Sean
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM
You can donate to the project at the following link:

https://psappdeploytoolkit.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Donate

Many thanks,
Sean