write-log and exit-script are not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

Topics: Archive - General
Jul 30, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Hi,

Just found this tool and looks like it will be very useful. Having downloaded the toolkit and extracted the zip file I can successfully run the Deploy-Application.ps1 script under the toolkit folder but if I try to run the Deploy-Application.ps1 scripts contained within either the Adobe or Microsoft examples I get the following errors:

Write-Log : The term 'Write-Log' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At C:\Users\green_d\Downloads\PSAppDeployToolkit_v3.1.4\Examples\Office2013\Deploy-Application.ps1:244 char:86
  • ... tackTrace)`)"; Write-Log "$exceptionMessage"; Show-DialogBox -Text $exceptionMes ...
  • ~~~~~~~~~
    • CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Write-Log:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
Exit-Script : The term 'Exit-Script' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At C:\Users\green_d\Downloads\PSAppDeployToolkit_v3.1.4\Examples\Office2013\Deploy-Application.ps1:245 char:1
  • Exit-Script -ExitCode 0 # Otherwise call the Exit-Script function to perform fin ...
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~
    • CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Exit-Script:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
I've not modified anything at this point just extracted the files from the downloaded zip file.....am I missing something here?

Thanks,

Dan.
Jul 30, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Ignore me, got it sorted. Realised I needed AppDeployToolkit folder in the same location as the Deploy-Application.ps1 script.