Refresh "Software Center" within the script

Topics: Archive - General
May 10, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Hi All,

I have a problem when a unexpected error occures, the script show a message, after closing the message, the script was finished/closed but in Software Center the software always on status "installing".

So I´m interested to know how we can perform a refresh so the status show the status "failed"?

Regards,
Maximilian
Coordinator
May 12, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Hey,

Can you check to see if PowerShell.exe is still running? it may be that the error has occurred but the script is still running and not terminating properly. What error are you getting?

Dan
May 12, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Hi Dan,

I have to check tomorrow. What I currently know is that a process named Deploy-Application.exe is running during the installation and closed after the installation. The log file in c:\windows\logs is closed and the installation is finished.

I´m a little bit confused...

Regards,
Maximilian
May 14, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Hi Dan,

I have tested again...

When the SCCM-Install start, I see two processes with command:
-Deploy-Application.exe -AllowRebootPassThru
-Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File Deploy-Application.ps1 -AllowRebootPassThru

If the install is finished, the processes not longer visible and the log file show at last line "Installation completed with exit code [0]."

Regards,
Maximilian
Coordinator
May 14, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Can you open the Command Prompt with Admin rights and navigate to C:\Windows\CCMCache - look for the most recent folder to for the install. Then run:

Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File Deploy-Application.ps1 -AllowRebootPassThru

When the script finishes, do you return to the command prompt or does it hang? Maybe there's some message on screen as to why it's not finishing

Dan
May 15, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Hi Dan,

I have testet to manually install using the recommended command line and it works, no messages occured. Then I have tried to use the same command within an application package, in this case the installer was finished, but the status in Software Center always on "installing".

It looks that the program does not notice when the process is finished when I use SCCM to install the same application package.

But I've noticed that this issue only occured when I uninstall a older softwrae within the application package. If the older application isn't installed, all works fine.

Is it possible that we have a problem when an older MSI is uninstalled before we install a newer version of product in the same package?

Can I check anything within registry if any keys or values are set during the uninstall/install which prevent the installation after uninstalling a msi?

Regards,
Maximilian
Coordinator
May 15, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Hey Maximilian,

Hmmm, this is starting to sound like some sort of detection issue with SCCM itself and not the toolkit. Can you maybe privately contact me through CodePlex and share your script with me, along with all the logs from the CCM\Logs folder? I'd just like to verify there's nothing in there that would cause the issue. We do this sort of thing all the time and I've never seen an issue where it gets stuck on Installing. Hopefully I can shed some light on it.

Cheers, Dan