This project is read-only.

BITS Transfer using PSA and SCCM

Topics: Archive - General
Jan 2, 2014 at 9:42 PM
I have a Powershell script that starts a BITS transfer that is working fine when ran from the desktop, or starting manually from the PSA.exe. When I assign the app in SCCM everything works fine with the exception of the BITS transfer. It fails to transfer anything with an error "the operation being requested was not performed because the user has not logged on to the network". I've done my research, and it seems not to be an issue with the user running the job is not the user running BITS. I cannot figure out how to correct the issue and have the Powershell script run BITS when using SCCM to deploy.

Any help would be great!!
Jan 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM
I suspect this is because your SCCM application or package is running whether a user is logged in or not, ie. it's running under the SYSTEM account. Can you change to run as the user?

Dan
Jan 10, 2014 at 7:29 PM
I changed to run as user and that doesn't worked in a domain with limited user rights. I can only get BITS to work when the logged on user has admin rights. Otherwise BITS does not work when SCCM is run set to run with administrative rights.
Jan 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM
I did away with the BITS transfer and went to xcopy. That is working fine. Now I ran into another major issue. In the AppDeployToolkitMain.ps1 there is a section for
"# Replace special characters in product code that interfere with regex match". I have an application that using square brackets. I added the "[","" to the replace but it errors out. From what i have found square brackets are a pain. Any suggestions on removing/ignoring the Dispaly Name/ProductID that has square brackets?