Additional functions

Topics: Archive - General
Nov 6, 2013 at 10:45 AM
This is great code - thanks for sharing it - as a PS noob I'm finding it very useful. Could I request a couple of extra functions
  1. Copy Folder (or can you use copy-file?). Would be useful to have a sub-directory under support-files and just copy that from a to b
    2) set acl - cacls or something to be able to set directory/file permissions
Thanks
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2013 at 2:15 PM
I'll look into something for copying folders. still trying to decided if it should come under Copy-File or a separate Copy-Folder function with a -Recurse option. This is really just an extension of Copy-Item to make it easier to use in the toolkit, and to provide logging. You can still use Copy-Item yourself though.

Set-Acl is a function in PowerShell 4.0, which is included in the Windows Management Framework 4.0 (runs on Windows 7 and above).

Cheers, Dan
Nov 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I've added a quick and dirty function in Toolkit Extensions to set acl on a folder. Currently hard coded to grant "Users" "Full Control" rights on a folder. It's not a very dynamic thing, but it will give you the idea on how to do it.