Defer showing as failed in sccm

Topics: Archive - General
Jan 13, 2015 at 7:14 PM
Ok so the app is returning an exit code of 5000 in sccm but I am still getting a failed when someone hits defer instead of retry....any thoughts here?I am at a lost after working on this...
Jan 13, 2015 at 11:44 PM
That return code is not acted upon by SCCM, other than to flag a 'failed' installation (which is technically correct). The toolkit script continues to run and takes care of the re-prompts at your specified interval, but SCCM is done from that point until the next detection cycle.
You dont want to return a SCCM Retry Code when a user defers and then have SCCM try to run the install again (10mins by default) because the toolkit script is still running and still 'managing' the install.

Or have I not understood your issue?

p.s. you can customise the InstallationDefer_ExitCode in the XML config, but dont unless you are sure you need to!
Jan 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM
I guess my question is should I document for our users if they defer an installation from sccm that it will show as failed then? I think there will be a lot of confusion with this feature within SCCM.
Developer
Jan 15, 2015 at 2:46 AM
I think you're probably using the exe to deploy the toolkit. This is a bug that should be resolved in the next release of the toolkit. The proper exit code is not being passed onto SCCM. The updated exe under the source code tab of this site should already have this issue resolved.
Jan 30, 2015 at 2:20 PM
I have somewhat of a similar issue. SCCM does not retry the installation after a deferment. I am using the command line of:

Show-InstallationWelcome -CloseApps 'outlook' -AllowDeferCloseApps -DeferTimes 3 -PersistPrompt -BlockExecution -CloseAppsCountdown 300

Any suggestions? I've downloaded the updated exe and Deploy-Application.ps1 file from the source code tab. It fixed the issue stated in dlynch's post. However I still do not get a retry.
Feb 3, 2015 at 1:38 PM
Hi,

Im having a similar issue using toolkit version 3.50. Once deferred SCCM is not retrying the deployment as the program is apparently "completed successfully" therefore not being re-run.

Did you manage to resolve your issue?

Thanks
Craig
Feb 4, 2015 at 2:17 PM
Can anyone please help with this?

Thanks
Craig
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2015 at 6:45 PM
Hi Craig,

As per my mail, the latest Deploy-Application.exe has this fixed. You can get this from the Source Code tab. This will be included in 3.6, which we want to iron out a few more bugs and get released - hopefully in the next week or two.

Dan