How to Open a Exe

Topics: Archive - Deployment Scripts, Archive - General, Archive - Toolkit Extensions
Dec 9, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Hi,
Can i open and see whats written in Deploy-Application.exe file. I made few changes to the script, script runs fine with Deploy-application.ps1. If i run Deploy-application.exe, i'm running in to issues stating Unable to find App-Deploy tool kit holder. I'm kind of curious to know how can i read lines with in the compiled Exe file.

Thanks....
Developer
Dec 10, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Go to the "Source Code" tab of this site. Navigate to "Sources\Deploy-Application\Deploy-Application\Deploy-Application.cs" for the C# code for Deploy-Applicaiton.exe.

Also, please post questions like this only to the "General" discussion forum thread and not to all forum threads. You can see a description of what each forum thread is meant for on the main "Discussions" page.
Dec 10, 2014 at 5:05 AM
Thanks For the reply. I did take a look at source code and Just want to rename a AppdeployToolkIt folder to Appdeploy scripts.Once I'm done renaming can i recompile the C++ code to generate an EXE file. If not how can i get recompiled EXE file. Thanks for the post you have provided earlier.

Thanks
Developer
Dec 10, 2014 at 5:54 AM
It is C# code, not C++. If you want to modify and recompile, then download all of the files from the "Source Code" tab and open the project for Deploy-Application.exe in Visual Studio.
Dec 11, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Edited Dec 11, 2014 at 2:19 AM
I have modified Deploy-Application.cs files with the required changes. After rebuilding the application, i can't find the EXE file. I did see once Deploy-application.exe file with in Debug folder. How ever, i have copied the executable file to my package location and it is not working as expected.

Any suggestions!!!

Thanks
Developer
Dec 11, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Well that is the correct exe. If it doesn't work, then maybe you made some incorrect changes. Sorry, I can't really help support custom changes you make to the toolkit. I would recommend going to StackExchange if you need to ask questions and get help with figuring out how to make your custom changes.