PSAdminToolkit and elevated rights

Topics: Archive - General
Nov 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Hi,

Is it possible running psadmintoolkit with local admin rights but not elevated admin rights?
What functions need elevated?

Thanks,

François
Developer
Dec 1, 2014 at 12:50 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by local admin rights vs elevated admin rights. There is just user rights and then elevated admin rights.

I'm not sure what functions need elevation. It would probably depend on what you were doing. For example, copying files to a system folder would require admin rights but copying to a user folder would work with regular user rights. You need to test and determine for yourself what works in your scenario.
Dec 1, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Hi,

I am just loading the main script without elevated and got a message saying the script need to be run elevated.

Thanks,

François
Developer
Dec 1, 2014 at 3:23 AM
For that you have to modify the XML file to specify that admin rights are not required for the script. We will modify the text of the error so that it is more clear that the option to require admin rights can be controlled from the XML config file.
Dec 1, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Hi,

So the warning is false
"Specify if Administrator Rights are required. NB: Some functions won't work if this is set to false, such as deferral, blockexecution, file & registry RW access and potentially logging."

Thanks,

François
Developer
Dec 2, 2014 at 2:36 AM
The warning is still true. We just need to add more language that says that if you don't want to launch with admin rights, then change the default in the XML config file to not specify the requirement of admin rights.
Marked as answer by Siocnarf on 12/2/2014 at 8:25 AM