This project is read-only.

Question about Defering

Topics: Archive - General
Jun 18, 2014 at 4:35 PM
I just found this amazing toolkit, and I'm loving it. I use Altiris Deployment Solution 6.9 and Symantec Management Platform 7.1 for my deployments, and I have a question regarding deferrals.

When I give the user the option to defer an installation, it sends the 5000 exit code back to my deployment tool (which is working as intended, I understand). How exactly do you trigger the installation to attempt to install again and offer the next round of defers? Is there some kind of functionality in SCCM that does this and I just don't have it, or are you guys simply re-running the installation on your machines again? I'm going to be upgrading IE and Java on ~8800 workstations and I'd really like to give them the defer options in case they're working.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Hi,

This functionality is in SCCM. The toolkit has to pass control back to the software distribution tool.

I don't know the tools you're using, but if it's any help you can customize the exit code for deferrals passed by the PSADT.

Regards,
Sean
Jun 19, 2014 at 10:24 PM
Ok, I kind of thought that might be the case. Well, it's only a minor inconvenience. This is still an amazing toolkit! Thank you for the answer.