This project is read-only.

Silent/non silent application installation using the PSADT

Topics: Archive - General
Mar 31, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Hi

I need to be able to run an sccm installation silently as well as communicating.

The latter scenario works fine; if a user is logged on, she is offered the possibility to defer the installation - if she accepts the installation, then, if the application in an earlier version is running, she is prompted to end it. After that the installation starts. It works very nice

If no user is logged on, however (for instance when installation should run unattended after a Windows OS installation before any user logon), the advertisement just times out and fails.

I use the procedure Show-InstallationWelcome to communicate with the user. As I see it, there is no possibility to let this procedure time out in case no response has been given by a user.

I would like the script to continue after some time, in case no response has been given, in order to run the installation.

I guess some of you may be facing the same ...

Best regards

Jan P. Jensen
Apr 9, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Hmmm, not sure what's happening here. If no user is logged in, it should run in silent mode and this dialog should never display.

Try adding -CloseAppsCountdown 60 to Show-InstallationWelcome. This will automatically close any existing apps after 60 seconds and proceed with the install.
May 30, 2014 at 10:29 PM
I am actually running into a similar issue. It seems that if a deferment is available, it does not proceed with automatically continuing. Is that the expected behavior?