Restart when finished

Topics: Archive - General
Mar 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Hi all,

What a great tool this is, we've been using it quite some time now for deploying apps with sccm.
But now i have a challenge, which is this:

After all installations are complete i would like have a windows stating if the users wants to reboot or reboot later. Now i only have to option to restart with or without a countdown timer.
So with 2 buttons, restart now and restart later, but also that the windows pops back up after several minutes.
Who can point me in the right direction??
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Hi there,

I've added a new parameter to Show-InstallationRestartPrompt called -NoCountdown

This will just show the Restart Now and Restart Later buttons. The UI will restore/reposition itself persistently based on the interval value specified in the config file. Can you download the latest source code and try this out? (download from the Source Code tab on Codeplex)

Had to change around the text in the translations so it doesn't show timer relevant messages.

Thanks,
Seán
Apr 1, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Hi Seán,

This look great!!!
This is exactly what i'm looking for, i only have one request: is it possible to achieve this: when you select "restart later" the window will minimize, and a user has the ability to close that windows, i would like to see that the windows just disappears and popups again when the timer has been reached.

Thanks

Patrick
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Hi Patrick,

The user should not have the ability to close the prompt, only minimize and it does pop up again after the timer elapses (configured in Config file).

Is this what you were looking for?
Sean
Apr 1, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Hi,

This is exactly what i mean, but i can close it by doing a RM on the icon in the taskbar and select the close option.

Patrick
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Ok I'll look in to it, might be later in the week though.

Sean
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2014 at 9:57 PM
OK, should be fixed now, can you download the latest source and re-test?

Thanks
Marked as answer by Patres14 on 4/7/2014 at 1:46 AM
Apr 7, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Edited Apr 7, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Hi Sean,

Fantastic!!
It works like a charm.
When will this be available?

Thanks very much.

Never mind, i see that it is already available
Thanks again..