This project is read-only.

Installing on Terminal Servers for Citrix

Topics: Archive - General
Feb 20, 2014 at 6:19 PM
I've a quick question, is it possible to install applications on a citrix server? What I mean does this do the change user /install, you install the software, then change user /execute.
Feb 20, 2014 at 11:21 PM
It doesn't do that, but it might be functionality we could add.

Ideally, you would deploy an application to a bunch of servers and the toolkit would run the relevant commands automatically for Citrix servers, but I'm not sure you'd want to use install mode for all software installed on a Citrix server, just what you want to publish, right?
Feb 21, 2014 at 2:02 PM
That would be awesome if it could, I have just been having difficulties with getting the change user /install to wait till the software is done installing before it goes int change user /execute. Then I found this and wanted to ask.

Correct you do not want to use change user for all software, but from how I was trained it just gets you into the habit for good practice. Ya you only have to use the change user for published apps so that the shadow copy registry can be applied to new users and that their own customization settings can be saved.

Thank you for getting back to me on this. I'll keep my eyes out for latest release then so i can do the mass office installs for citrix :-D.
Feb 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Hi there,

I've added support for installing applications on terminal servers. Would you mind downloading the latest source code and trying it out to make sure it works?

It'll be included in the next release v.3.1.0

Thanks for the suggestion!

Seán
Feb 24, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Sean,

Sorry kind of a dumb question, which source code do i need to download to test?

Justin
Feb 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Hi Justin,

Go to the Source Code tab On Codeplex, select the Toolkit and download.

Seán

Feb 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM
It works. Thank you very much!!