MS visio 2013 - uninstallation woes..

Topics: Archive - General
Nov 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Hi

Can someone hint me in the right direction... I am failling completely in uninstalling visio 2013..
which at first I thought would be easy peasy.. but alas..

I've tried doing it without the psappdeploy script.. but apparently that is something I cannot make work..

with psappdeploy toolkit I can't either... I've tried with parameters after setup.exe

ie. "setup.exe" -Arguments "/uninstall Visio /config uninstallVisio.xml"
I tried adding the arguments from the xml file directly to the ps script..
I've tried using the msi guid as well..

Nothing seems to work.. So Maybe someone here has some gold advice?
Nov 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM
the closest I've gotten is a popup with:

"Setup can't find or validate an installation file. Please try reinstalling Office from blablablablabal"
Nov 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM
doing it via cmd is the same..

but using manual launch of setup.exe and choosing "uninstall"... works.. :-(
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I would suggest using the OffScrub13.vbs tool included with the Office 2010 example script in the Toolkit.

To use the toolkit to remove Visio, put the file into the SupportFiles folder and run this:
Execute-Process -FilePath "CScript.Exe" -Arguments "`"$dirSupportFiles\OffScrub13.vbs`" VisPro /S /Q /NoCancel" -WindowStyle Hidden -IgnoreExitCodes "1,2,3"
Hope this helps, Dan
Jan 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Hi Dan

That's perfect.. worked a charm!

sorry I haven't responded until now.. But I actually only tested it today... I've had a bunch of other sccm tasks to finish!
Apr 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Dan... what about Visio Premium 2010?

there's a "scrub" case for pro & std.. but what about premium?
Coordinator
Apr 9, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Edited Apr 9, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Umm.... I didn't write the scrub tools - that's all Microsoft. What you could try is having a look in the Visio Premium install source. You should see a folder called something like VisPre.WW - that seems to be the identifier for the app like, PrjStd and PrjPro are Project. So then try this:

Execute-Process -FilePath "CScript.Exe" -Arguments ""$dirSupportFiles\OffScrub10.vbs" VisPre /S /Q /NoCancel" -WindowStyle Hidden -IgnoreExitCodes "1,2,3"