Source folder content

Topics: Archive - General
Sep 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM
I am just beginning to test with the Toolkit, seems very useful. The question I have is regarding the source folder content. Do I need to copy the Toolkit folders to every package source directory to maintain the dot-sourcing relationship? That would seem to invalidate the "Updatable" feature you mention. If the Toolkit is updated, I would need to update the content of every package that uses the Toolkit?
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM
The toolkit is made up of more than just a bunch of functions - there is a logic engine and a workflow that is followed, and there are other components involved like the configuration file and the UI branding, which make it unsuited to be installed as a module.

You could cache the toolkit locally on machines and just change the location of the toolkit file that is dot-sourced. I haven't tested it, but it should work in theory. I take your point about having to update the source files. We have spoken about providing a script that would allow you to automatically update your SCCM application source files. The "updatable" feature points to the fact that you can drop in a new version of the toolkit with existing scripts and it will be backwards compatible. If caching the toolkit locally works, that would make it truly updatable.